2020 Protest Procedures
Dear Property Owner,
As many are aware, COVID-19 has influenced the way most companies conduct business. The Fannin Central Appraisal District (FCAD) is no exception. As we institute practices aimed at keeping our public and staff safe, it will remain our goal to ensure that property owner rights are preserved.
The Appraisal Notice represents the property value as of January 1, 2020, per the Property Tax Code (Sec 23.01). Any impact on values from the current health crisis would be reflected on your 2021 property valuations.
If the enclosed Notice of Appraised Value appears accurate, no action is required. Otherwise, in order to have an “Informal Conversation” with a staff member or a “Formal Hearing” before the Appraisal Review Board (ARB), a written protest MUST FIRST be timely filed. The deadline is listed at the bottom of the notice.
Protesting your 2020 Notice of Appraised Value
- File a Protest
- E-File Online at fannincad.org – Use the Online PIN # found on the Notice; OR
- Complete the Written Form on the back of the Notice & place in the Mail or FCAD Door Slot
- Provide Accurate Contact Information
- Provide Supporting Documentation
- State your Opinion of Value
- Fee Based or Bank Appraisal
- Closing Statement (HUD)
- Estimates for Repair
- Other Documentation relevant to the Protest
- Submit by the Deadline Listed on the Notice
- File Early
- Protest submitted by Fax or Email will NOT be accepted per ARB Policy
After a protest is filed, our staff will review and seek to resolve the issue quickly and informally, if possible. Most issues can be resolved informally when information is provided. If the issue cannot be resolved informally, a hearing will be scheduled with the Appraisal Review Board.
Thank you for understanding as we work through this process during these unprecedented times
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Temporary Exemption for Qualified Property Damaged by Disaster
- Property Tax Statements (Bills) for 2020 Tax Year
- Post cards informing taxpayers of proposed tax rates coming soon
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to watch for their 2020 Notice of Appraised Value
- EXTENSION OF 2020 FILING DEADLINES RENDITION STATEMENTS