Agricultural Advisory Board
The AG Advisory Board’s Role In The Property Tax System
Sec. 6.12 of the Texas’s Property Tax Code, requires chief appraisers to appoint an agricultural appraisal advisory board. The legislature created this advisory board to help improve communications between the farming and ranching community and the appraisal district. The board’s purpose is to advise the chief appraiser on the appraisal and use of agricultural land.
Ag boards must have three or more members and meet at least once annually at the call of the chief appraiser, as required in Tax Code Section 6.12. By appointing the required Ag board and conducting the required annual meetings the board and chief appraiser support the CAD in improving its appraisal and classification of agricultural land.
Agricultural Advisory Board Members are:
|Agricultural Advisory Board Members|
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Public Hearing to Consider the 2020 Proposed Budget with Board meeting immediately following
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to look out for their 2019 Notice of Appraised Value
- Options for People with Delinquent Property Taxes
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers
- Business Owner Reminder–Rendition Deadline is April 1