Agricultural Advisory Board
The AG Advisory Board’s Role In The Property Tax System
Sec. 6.12 of the Texas’s Property Tax Code, requires chief appraisers to appoint an agricultural appraisal advisory board. The legislature created this advisory board to help improve communications between the farming and ranching community and the appraisal district. The board’s purpose is to advise the chief appraiser on the appraisal and use of agricultural land.
Ag boards must have three or more members and meet at least once annually at the call of the chief appraiser, as required in Tax Code Section 6.12. By appointing the required Ag board and conducting the required annual meetings the board and chief appraiser support the CAD in improving its appraisal and classification of agricultural land.
Agricultural Advisory Board Members are:
|Agricultural Advisory Board Members|
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Board of Directors Meeting Agenda July 20, 2021 @ noon
- Postcards to property owners containing important property tax information coming soon!
- Property Tax Protest and Appeal Procedures
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to watch for their 2021 Notice of Appraised Value
- Temporary Exemption for Qualified Property Damaged by Disaster