The Appraisal District Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members.The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
|Board of Directors|
|Claude Caffee – Chairman|
|Jerry Magness – Vice Chair|
|Richard Glaser – Secretary|
|Randall Blake – Member|
|James Watson – Member|
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Property Tax Protest and Appeal Procedures
- Notice of Public Hearing– 2022 Proposed Budget & Board of Director Meeting Agenda for June 11, 2021, Noon
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to watch for their 2021 Notice of Appraised Value
- Temporary Exemption for Qualified Property Damaged by Disaster
- Property Tax Statements (Bills) for 2020 Tax Year