The Appraisal District Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members.The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
|Board of Directors|
|Claude Caffee – Chairman|
|Jerry Magness – Vice Chair|
|Richard Glaser – Secretary|
|Randall Blake – Member|
|James Watson – Member|
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Board of Director Meeting Agenda for July 13, 2020
- Agenda for Public Hearing for the 2021-2022 Reappraisal Plan
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to watch for their 2020 Notice of Appraised Value
- EXTENSION OF 2020 FILING DEADLINES RENDITION STATEMENTS
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers