Understanding The Property Tax Process
Understanding The Property Tax System
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Options for People with Delinquent Property Taxes
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers
- Business Owner Reminder–Rendition Deadline is April 1
- Property Tax Payment Tips January
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners of Important Filing Deadlines