Understanding The Property Tax Process
Understanding The Property Tax System
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Property Tax Protest and Appeal Procedures
- Notice of Public Hearing– 2022 Proposed Budget & Board of Director Meeting Agenda for June 11, 2021, Noon
- Fannin Central Appraisal District Reminds Property Owners to watch for their 2021 Notice of Appraised Value
- Temporary Exemption for Qualified Property Damaged by Disaster
- Property Tax Statements (Bills) for 2020 Tax Year